HYDRO MAJESTIC HISTORY TOURS
(from the Television Documentary The Jewel of the Mountains)
The Hydro Majestic spans over a kilometre atop a breathtaking escarpment in Australia’s World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park. From this lofty watch post encircled in swirling winter mists, the famously historic Hydro Majestic has surveyed the Megalong Valley and surrounding ridges for over one hundred years. The Hydro Majestic was built by retailing magnate Mark Foy; opening its doors for the first time in the bitter winter of 1904. Certainly its metaphorical positioning on the edge of a sheer cliff speaks volumes about Foy, who lived a marvellously grand life built on many a high risk venture. Today, Mark Foy’s presence lingers still: the Hydro Majestic a fitting homage to his daring creativity and limitless imagination.
Discover the history of yesteryear with a guided tour of the Hydro Majestic commencing in the Casino Lobby. The tour will take in history of the Casino lobby with its iconic domed roof, the magnificent Salon Due Thé and Cat’s Alley, the elegant Majestic Ballroom and concludes in the Hydro Majestic Pavilion which showcases vibrant displays of Hydro’s historical past along with boutique and regional food and wine from the Blue Mountains and its regions.
- Monday to Friday commencing at 11am and 3pm
- Saturday and Sunday commencing at 10am, 11am, 3pm and 4pm.
- Please ensure you arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of the tour
- All tours run for approximately 30-45 minutes and start from the Casino Lobby and finish in the Hydro Majestic Pavilion
- $10 per person
- Bookings are essential
- Full prepayment is required for all tour bookings of 10 people or more which is required at the time of booking